Okay so you know how most of us love love love our coffee in the morning?! Well since the poookiest day of the year is coming up and we don’t want to spend an arm and a leg on it but would love to enjoy it nontheless here are a few ways that household things can be of some spookylicious help to you if you need to decorate, make a last minute costume or just want to save a little!!
Coffee Filter Spider Webs:
- At the top of the filter make a series of “V” cuts down one side of the folded coffee filter….just one, lol dont do both sides!
- In the center cut some rectangles along one side of the folded coffee filter.
- Be sure (if you’re use to cutting paper – like for snowflakes or whatever) to get creative and engage the little ones as much and as safely as you can!
Tube Sock &/or Pillow Case Ghosts:
- Start with about 15″-17″ squares of thin cotton fabric, (typically a little thinner than muslin) but really, just about any thin white fabric is gonna work.
- Fill the middle with about 5-10 cotton balls (however big or small you want your spooky ghosts to be) be mindful that the bigger the head the more fabric you’ll pobaby need.
- Next cut cotton string into lengths of 12″ – 30″ and then tie it around the “heads” of our new spooky ghosts.
- Then glue on googly eyes (or black felt if you dont want a friendly casper ghosts) with white glue (or fabric glue).
I don’t have any little girls but as you know I do have 3 little super heros, so here are some ideas I thought of when looking in my craft closet here at the house for some last minute halloween costume ideas! Now you don’t necessarily have to use what I put on here, but these should hopefully help you out with some ideas of your own.
Clark Kent//Lumber Jack//Ghosts//Skeleton//Rocket Man//Pirate Frankenstein
Hot Dog//Piggy in a Blanket//Burrito//Glow Worm//Angel
Things that are in my closet and some I put on the list just incase you have time to run to the craft store, hobby lobby, etc.
- 2 sheets of corrugated cardboard
- Utility knife
- Tempera paints and paintbrushes
- Silly straws
- Googly eyes
- Knit ski cap
- Blue shirt
- Toilet Paper Rolls (empty or not) depending on if you’re going as a mummy!
- 48-inch piece of batting @ least
- 24-inch piece of nylon @ least
- Diaper pins
and whatever else you may have lying around or can catch on sale!
I know it’s kind of vauge but considering I haven’t even started (as to why I was checking out my crafts clostet) we’ll be following my own advice here for the next two days so we can have a budget friendly and crative Halloween too!!!
ღ❤❤♫❤ღೋ As Always Health, Happiness & Harmony!ღ❤❤♫❤ღೋ